Connect or Merge or Link Multiple EPF Accounts With UAN One Employee- One EPF Account…
Link Multiple EPF Accounts With UAN : The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) launched a new facility, One employee-one EPF account, to help employees consolidate their past EPF accounts, they can do this by transferring their money from the previous accounts into the current EPF account that’s linked to the Universal Account Number (UAN). This effort will not only consolidate EPF accounts, but will also bring relief to employees who have multiple accounts.
This scheme helps you transfer your money; it doesn’t automatically merge different accounts into one. This is because EPFO has a decentralized system as of now, so the EPF accounts are handled by different regional PF offices.
This facility is different from the EPFO Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP). In OTCP option, you are transferring all your past accounts to one without using UAN. However, in this facility, you will combine or consolidate multiple EPF Accounts online under one umbrella called UAN. So, using this option, you can see all your past EPF accounts under your UAN. This is easier for you at least to see and track all your past EPF accounts. Because UAN is the future for EPF.
Requirements to Link Multiple EPF Accounts With UAN
Following are the requirements for linking your PF / EPF accounts with UAN
1. UAN number
2. Your current EPF account number should be linked with UAN number.
3. Your UAN number should be activated before availing this facility.
4. UAN should be KYC verified. All details such as Aadhaar number, PAN card number, and bank account number should be verified by your current employer.
How to Link Multiple EPF Accounts With UAN?
First step: Log in to EPFO portal
Second step: Go to the main menu and click on ‘Our Services’ tab on the left side of the home page to access ‘For Employee’ services. Click on the tab. You will then be directed to a new page with services listed under ‘For Employee’ category.
Third step : Click on ‘One Employee – One EPF Account’ listed under the Services Section
Fourth step: Fill in the required details. A One Time Password (OTP) will be generated which will be sent to your registered mobile number linked with the UAN
Fifth and final step: Provide the old EPF ID, accept the declaration and submit the request. Your PF account will soon get linked to your UAN. Please note few below points before proceeding
- If your Aadhaar number is linked to UAN, then it will be easy for EPFO to consolidate the accounts. Otherwise, they call you and ask to submit the required proof
- EPFO by calling can assist you to opt for OTCP (Online Transfer Claim Portal), to transfer all your past EPF accounts to a SINGLE account.
- After details submitted by you, the numbers will be sent to regional respective EPFO office for verification. These regional EPFO offices in return will send these numbers to respective employers. After the verification is over, the consolidation will be finished
- If there are any problems, then the regional EPFO offices will contact you to resolve the issues
- Your name, date of birth or father’s name and other personal details match the UAN number. Then only such consolidation process will complete
- Once the consolidation is over, you will receive the SMS to your registered mobile number.