Procedure for Name Change/Correction in EPF Account, How to Change Employee Name in EPF Account , EPFO Name Correction form for PF Account Edit or Modify Account holder Name, EPF Account Name Change Correction Form with complete process in Employment Provident Fund Organization Portal…. पीएफ अकाउंट के लिए EPFO नाम सुधार प्रपत्र रोजगार भविष्य निधि संगठन पोर्टल में पूरी प्रक्रिया के साथ खाता धारक नाम, EPF अकाउंट नाम बदलें सुधार फ़ॉर्म संपादित करें या संशोधित करें ….
EPFO has made a provision for change the name of EPF members in the application software, Members who wish to get their name to be changed in the EPF Database can apply for the same through their employer along with supporting documents. In this regard a circular has already been issued to the field offices mentioning the supporting documents for EPF Account Name Change and the process flow. Most of the employers are facing problem due to the stringent rules provided as an employer cannot process the account without correct details. Many are facing problem due to mismatch of name in AADHAR and EPF account.so, EPFO is providing you a link to correct name in EPF account
Problems due to incorrect details in EPF account:
- When you are applying for a withdrawal you may find errors if there is even a small mistake in your account details. You have to fill a withdrawal form, and if the details entered in the withdrawal form does not match the details in mentioned in the EPF account then the withdrawal will get stuck.
- Any form of request made, will be rejected of the records do not match with the details that you are providing now.
- It is very important to check the status of the documents and details submitted by you to your employees for the registration. Even a small miss-match may stop the transfer process.
- In case the nominee details in your account is not properly mentioned then there will be complications in the claim process. Proper update is required here.
- In order to calculate the number of year’s contribution to the EPF it is important to have mentioned the right date of joining. Keeping in mind that withdrawal from the account after 5 years is tax free it is important to mention the right date.
- For a smooth process of your account and withdrawal it is best that you check your account details from beforehand. This will make the process of correction much simpler.
Rules for EPF Account Name Change or Modification of PF Account holder Name
If you want to change or correct name you alone cannot change the name, Request from Employer as well as Employee for Changing the name of the Employee. People need to contact Local EPFO field office for requesting the name change along with supporting documents mentioned in the notification.
Documents required for name change in EPF account : There is a list of documents that the government has declared to be acceptable for these changes and that list includes documents like:
- PAN card
- Driver’s license
- Voters ID card
- ESIC ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Bank or post office passbooks
- Certificates related to schools and education
- Copy of a phone or electricity or a water bill that has your name on it
- Certificates of birth or death that have been issued by the registrar
- A certificate that is created based on the records of government service (state or central)
- In extreme cases a letter issued by a recognized public figure, which has been verified by the proper authorities, can also be used as proof.
EPF correction form for Name Change
In this form, you need to fill the address of the regional PF commissioner, your name and company name. You have to also fill the correct particulars in the given column. Fill only those columns which are required. Leave all other columns blank.
Corrections made using this EPF Correction form:
- Date of birth
- Name of the father or spouse
- Date of leaving
- Date of joining
- E-mail ID or mobile number
- PF or EPF account number
Steps involved in EPF Account Name Change
- Download the name correction form.
- Fill your details and print it.
- Sign the printed form and get it signed by your employer.
- Get it stamped with company seal.
- Attach the self-attested copy of identity proof with the application.
- Now, it is the responsibility of your employer to send the application to the regional PF commissioner.
Check name and date of birth in EPF account
The procedure for change in date of birth of the employee is also similar to that of name change. The documents required in this case may be different. However, the process followed is the same and you will have to submit the application, along with the necessary documents to the EPFO Field Office.
EPF Account Name Change Change of name
To get your name changed in your EPF account, you will need to submit an application, providing all the necessary documents, through your employer. The documents which you may be required to furnish may include your PAN card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card, ESIC ID Card, Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, copy of bank or post office passbook, academic certificate, copy of your utility bills (water, electricity, telephone that is in your name), etc.
EPF Account Name Change or Name correction due to marriage
You can also change the name in EPF database after the marriage. Often, women change their surname after the marriage. If they change their surname in bank records and office records, they should also change it in the EPF database. To change the surname in EPF account due to the marriage, you need to fill the prescribed form and attach the copy of marriage certificate
However, if you did not change your name in bank account and office records, don’t change in EPF database as well. To withdraw EPF, the name in EPF database and bank account should be same.
Indeed, A small error in name or date of birth can jeopardize your EPF account. But, in most of the cases, you detect these errors only at the time of the PF withdrawal or online PF transfer. Your name spelling may be wrong.