How to update KYC EPF UAN Online?, How to update KYC details in members UAN portal, Aadhar, PAN, PF Account KYC Update for EPF Aadhaar Link Online from EPF India Portal, How to Link EPF KYC Update Aadhar to EPF Account Online – A Complete Process…. ईपीएफ केवाईसी अद्यतन, EPF KYC अद्यतन, ऑनलाइन EPF खाते में ऑनलाइन लिंक कैसे करें , EPF यूएएन खाते के लिए KYC अपडेट, सदस्य पोर्टल के माध्यम से UAN को लिंक करें,
An employer can update their EPF account and KYC norms only by linking AADHAR through EPFO portal. Recently, the EPF organization has introduced a new scheme to link your EPF account. By linking your account, you can check your providential fund account balance, PF statements, submit PF queries or withdrawal of money from your EPF account. Retirement fund manager EPFO has recently launched an online facility for its subscribers to link their 12-digit unique Aadhaar number with their Universal (portable PF) Account Number (UAN).
Meeting the know your customers (KYC) norms by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) subscribers help them access a host of online services. Now you can check your PF account balance, statements, submit online PF transfer claims (or) make partial/full withdrawal of money from your PF account online. But to avail most of these facilities, your Aadhaar number should have been linked with UAN. Aadhaar is an important document for KYC verification as it contains details such as name, date of birth, address, photo etc. If you have provided your Bank account details in your UAN interface and authenticated your Aadhaar number then settlement of claims can be very quick and easy.
KYC Update for EPF UAN Account – EPF KYC Update
KYC is an acronym for “Know your Customer”, a term used for customer identification process. It involves making reasonable efforts to determine true identity and beneficial ownership of accounts, source of funds, the nature of customer’s business, reasonableness of operations in the account in relation to the customer’s business, etc which in turn helps the banks to manage their risks prudently. The objective of the KYC guidelines is to prevent banks being used, intentionally or unintentionally by criminal elements for money laundering.
Documents used for KYC at UAN portal: Following documents can be used for EPF KYC Update..
1. National Population Register (NPR)
3. Permanent Account Number (PAN)
4. Bank Account Number
6. Driving License
7. Election Card
8. Ration Card
9. ESIC Card (Being introduced shortly)
- BHowever Bank Account number along with IFSC is compulsory and Aadhaar or PAN are necessary wherever issued to a member.
- IFSC is to be given only against Bank Account number and not against any other type of KYC.
How to link AADHAR to EPF account online?
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) – on the eve of Deepawali – introduced a new facility for its members having Universal Account Number (UAN) and other relevant details to link their respective UAN with Aadhaar online. This would help the members get better and speedy EPFO services.
Using the facility of EPF KYC Update, the EPFO members can link their respective UAN with Aadhaar online. While using the facility, the member will have to provide his/her UAN.
Steps to link AADHAR with UAN
The Employee Provident Fund Organization EPFO has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar number to Employee Provident Fund account. The EPFO has recently introduced most of its facilities online.The EPFO has very recently launched this online provision to link Aadhaar to your EPF account (UAN). You can submit your Aadhaar number to EPFO without login into your UAN member portal.
Link of EPF UAN Aadhaar through e-KYC portal – EPF KYC Update
- Kindly visit official website of EPFO
- Click on e-KYC portal under ‘online services’ section of home-page.
- You will be re-directed to eKYC portal page. Kindly click on, ‘link UAN Aadhar’ option under ‘For EPFO members’ section.
- Under ‘link your UAN with Aadhaar’ screen, provide your current UAN number and mobile number that is linked to UAN and click on ‘Generate OTP’. Provide the OTP in ‘Confirm OTP’ field & your Aadhaar number and then click on ‘submit’ button. (The moment you provide your UAN number your mobile number will be displayed on the portal)
- After the successful OTP verification and if your personal details between UAN – Aadhaar match then Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN. In this process, your employer is not involved.
- If there are any discrepancies (if there is mismatch of name, date of birth and so on), you need to get them corrected either in UAN (through your employer) or in Aadhaar card. Under this e-KYC portal, you also have the option to track your e- KYC online (track Aadhar link status through online)
- Kindly visit e-KYC portal. Click on ‘Track e-KYC’ link under ‘for EPFO members’ section.
- If UAN and Aadhaar are linked successfully then you will receive the message.
Link AADHAR to UAN through member portal
You can also link your UAN to Aadhaar by login into your EPFO’s UAN member portal as well.
- Kindly visit EPFO’s unified member portal. Login to your UAN interface with your credentials.
- Select ‘Manage’ tab and click on ‘KYC’ option.
- Under ‘Add KYC ‘section, you have the options to provide your Bank account details, PAN, Aadhaar number etc., Once you provide these details, they will be displayed under ‘Pending KYC section ‘
- Once your employer approves them, they will be moved to ‘Approved KYC ‘section.
- To link UAN and Aadhaar, you need to then click on ‘Verify’ button that is displayed against your Aadhaar number under ‘Approved KYC’ section.
- The EPFO will access your Aadhaar details and cross-check them with the details available in UIDAI database. If they match, on successful authentication, your UAN gets linked to Aadhaar number. The status under Approved KYC against your Aadhaar will now be displayed as ‘Verified’
- If there are any discrepancies, the linking will not happen. You can also check the linking status online through e-KYC portal facility. If your UAN is not linked to Aadhaar, you will get the error message.
In case, you do not have the internet facility or facing some technical issues, you can also seed your Aadhaar to UAN offline by visiting any of the EPF field offices (common service centers).
Now you can check your PF account balance, statements, submit online PF transfer claims (or) make partial/full withdrawal of money from your PF account online. But to avail most of these facilities, your Aadhaar number should have been linked with UAN (universal account number).
Aadhaar is an important document for KYC verification as it contains details such as name, date of birth, address, photo etc. If you have provided your Bank account details in your UAN interface and authenticated your Aadhaar number then settlement of claims can be very quick and easy.