Change your Name, Date of Birth and Gander in EPF UAN Number Online in Unified Portal EPF UAN Online Correction at https://epfindia.gov.in…. नाम, जन्म, और लिंग के लिए EPF UAN ऑनलाइन सुधार, यूनिफाइड पोर्टल EPF UAN ऑनलाइन सुधार में EPF UAN नंबर ऑनलाइन में आपका नाम, जन्म तिथि और गंदर को बदलें पर https://epfindia.gov.in
As per the recent online request functionality released by the Employment Provident Fund Organization to the members with EPF account for the correction of name, date of birth, and gender in EPF UAN. Universal Account Number or UAN act as a unique 12-digit number to each member under which you have multiple IDs allotted by your employer will be tracked. Suppose if you join a new company then you just need to submit a UAN number to your employer. You can now get this UAN number from your employer. Because allotting of UAN already started. The main purpose of this unique number is to provide access to employees to have a view of his/her profile and access the services like viewing profile, changing profile, download online passbook, or request for transfer.
Offline and Online process of EPF UAN Online correction
Gender correction/personal detail correction is done by the employer only. Initially you have to seek your seniors intervention if your company’s pf team/HR not responding to your query.Modify email which you are sending to your HR/pf team for gender change request. Include 3 important information require by team for gender correction – Aadhaar as a gender proof (or other gov. id), your UAN and company employee ID. Attach scanned copy of Aadhaar & UAN card also.A proper Email mail with all required details will make pf/HR work easy.Try this, and if still not happening seek our manager/supervisor’s assistance in escalating matter internally.if none of above is working, write a letter to EPFO department at which your employer is registered, and send them about your concern for Gender change along with supporting above documents.
Official note by Employment Provident Fund Organization India:
Currently, if employee wants to correct his/her basic details against UAN, employee and employer are required to submit a joint request to the concerned EPFO field office for correction of above mentioned basic details of employee. In order to reduce the paper work and time delay, a functionality has been developed where member can give online request to his/ her employer at Member Interface in the Unified Portal for correction in basic details. While accepting request from member, system will compare the requested changes with similar fields received from UIDAI (AADHAAR). After successful verification, this request will be automatically transferred to employer’s login for online transmission to EPFO field office. In turn, after getting online request from member and employer, EPFO field office will process the requested EPF UAN Online Correction.
Online correction of gender, DOB and Name in UAN EPF
1. Candidate should login official website through his UAN/Password on Member Interface of Unified Portal www.unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Click on “Manage>Modify Basic Details”
3. Please provide the correct details as per Aadhaar (System will verify the details entered with UIDAI- Aadhaar Data)
4. On clicking “Update Details”on previous screen, request will be submitted to employer for further approval. Before submission by employer, employee can withdraw the request by pressing “Delete Request”
5. Employer will login to Employer Interface of Unified Portal www.unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
6. Employer can view the change requests submitted by employees by clicking on “Member>Details Change Request”
7. Employer can view the online requests received from employees and can thus take appropriate action by giving the proper remark
8. After approval of request, employer can see the latest status of request.
9. After approval of request by employer, request will appear as a task in login of Dealing Hand, of concerned EPFO office, in the Field Office Interface of Unified Portal.
10. Dealing Hand can login and view the online change requests by clicking “Member>Details Change Request”. After due verification Dealing Hand can submit his/her recommendations to Section Supervisor. The Dealing Assistant can put the case either for Approval or Rejection by selecting the appropriate radio button i.e. Recommended for Approval or Recommended for Rejection with proper remarks. In the same manner Section Supervisor can submit his/her recommendations to APFC/RPFC.
11. Finally APFC/RPFC can Approve/Reject the case.
Correction of EPF details offline
Employees can also get the correction of their EPF details done offline. Corrections such as change of name, change of father’s or spouse’s name, change in date of birth, change in date of joining or leaving an organization or change in address can be carried out offline. Following are the loose steps involved in resolving some of the aforementioned EPFO related details offline.
EPF UAN Edit for Change of Name
To get your name changed in your EPF account, you will need to submit an application, providing allthenecessary documents, through your employer. The documents which you may be required to furnish may include your PAN card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card, ESIC ID Card, Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, copy of bank or post office passbook, academic certificate, copy of your utility bills (water, electricity, telephone that is in your name), etc.
EPF UAN Online Corrections for Change of Address
The option to change details of your address is not available on the portal. The same can currentlyonlybe changed at the time of withdrawing or transferring your PF. You will need to provide your address proof forthis.
EPF UAN Online Correction – Problems due to incorrect details:
- Your form may be rejected if your details have been misspelt or entered incorrectly in the EPF records at the time of enrolling.
- It is important that your date of joining is mentioned correctly for accurate calculation of the EPF contribution and also for EPS Pension. Withdrawal of PF is free of tax after a period of 5 years.
- You can face trouble during the claim process if the details of your nominee are not mentioned correctly. If the EPF member is getting married, they must update their nominee details as well.